The construction of a community indoor tennis center had been in the works since 2007. The project began with seven people and many volunteers with a grass roots vision to provide our under-served metro area with a tennis facility that would serve the community.
A comparison was done with cities similar in size and demographics. The findings revealed those communities far exceeded our five indoor courts in Sioux Falls. According to the United States Tennis Association, our thriving community could support at least 15 indoor courts.
The fundraising journey began:
- Sanford Health Systems donated 6 acres of land nestled in Sanford Sports Complex, the city's emerging athletic hub in northwest Sioux Falls
- Four families and two businesses generously named the six courts that will leave a lasting legacy
- City of Sioux Falls earmarked $500,000 in their CIP
- Over 100 individuals and families stepped up to donating gifts reaching over $1 million dollars
- In 2013, the Chamber of Commerce approved a fundraising drive of $1 million dollars. Individuals and 225 businesses generously donated an estimated $1,225,213. during our campaign. It exceed our goal by 25%
- Remaining funds are being collected through grants
- Huether Family names the facility, Huether Family Match Pointe
USEFUL TENNIS LINKS
National Tennis Ranking Program* (NTRP):
*Please note: These guidelines are GENERAL DESCRIPTORS of ranking levels. Our goal is to set and then keep the integrity of our adult leagues through competitive play. We will do this by grouping players of similar playing levels and like skill-sets for each of our NTRP leagues. Therefore, on-court results during competitive play will determine a player's true ranking level. The Match Pointe staff can assist you in finding your correct level of play through a brief on-court assessment with one of our four tennis professionals.